The art industry has caused enormous destruction to the environment. We combat this in the Era of Redemption, rising like a phoenix from the ashes of the mistakes of the past.
Our art is sustainable.
The art industry sets itself a fast pace of production which is both unhealthy for the artist and unsustainable for the environment. We must respect the universe if we are to allow the arts to continue. We cannot liberate ourselves at the demise of the Earth and its inhabitants, this act is anti-art, for without the universe we too are nothing. To tackle this is of the up most importance and we treat art as a sustainable outlet.
Our studio is powered by 100% renewable UK energy
All of our packaging is recycled and recyclable
We send all of our off cuts that are too small for use to our local textile recycling centre to make it into car mats. The rest we donate to charity so that others can put them to use.
We think the word sustainable is thown about a lot these days, check out how sustainable we are ...
Eco-T-shirts and Eco-prints:
We print on demand, every Tighe-Mearns-Smith Eco-print and Eco-t-shirt is printed upon order especially for you. Printing on demand eliminates overproduction, preventing the creation of waste textiles. Don't buy into unsustainable mass production, instead become a part of the Era of Redemption and buy Tighe-Mearns-Smith.
- Certified organic cotton
- Cotton Plants are watered with rain water
- No pesticides used
- Waste cotton seeds pressed into cakes for organic cow feed
- Vegetable oil squeezed out of waste
- Every part of the Cotton plant is used
- Cotton farmers get a fair price for their cotton which is guaranteed by regional government to ensure fair wage
- Waste water from dye factory is recovered, cleaned and recirculated reducing 95% water waste (the 5% of waste water is clean enough to drink)
- SA8000 Certified (World’s leading social certification programme for safe workplaces, healthy working conditions, living wage promise, increased awareness of rights and opportunities)
- GOTS certified (Global Organic Textile Standard) - Factories run on renewable energy (Solar and Wind)
- Plastic Free
- Low impact Ink
- Hemp Paper 290 gsm
- FSC & PEFC certified forests
- Vegan certified
- Acid free
- Minimal waste polices
- All empty ink cartridges are recycled
- The factory that produces the Hemp paper we use runs on wind, water and solar energy
- Non-chemically treated water is used in the manufacturing of the Hemp paper. Once used the water is cleaned and returned to back to nature through a strictly controlled process
- The company we source the hemp paper from donate 5% of the profits, since 2008 they have supported reforestation, animal protection & environmental educational programmes including: supporting orphaned elephants in Kenya, reforestation project in Colombia, improving the protection of mountain gorillas in the Congo
- Printed in the UK
- Our Eco-Prints are sent to you in recyclable packaging and include a signed certification of authenticity
Fine art, Fashion and Jewellery
All our luxury fashion garments are created from 90% upcycled, recycled and repurposed materials
Resourcefulness is key in our design. We achieve this through appropriating products and materials that have been abjured and are going to waste. This enables our luxury sustainable fashion collections, jewellery and fine art to work as a vessel for positive environmental impact by creating a balance of creating new without the additional pressure for the continual manufacturing of products and supplies. We utilise found materials and products at every plausible stage in the creative process, enable us to create whilst simultaneously saving materials and products from going into landfill. This is the artwork of the Era of Redemption. It is through this mentality that we explore the use of unconventional materials, for example our notorious Pleated Poleyn Trousers & Pauldron Jacket which was shown at The House of Lords Westminster 2019, in Harpers Bazaar and Gay Times.
How's that for sustainable art?